With an estimated 1.3 million residents, Dallas has become one of the most populous cities in the nation. While this makes Dallas and surrounding areas a popular place to live and work, it also means that there are more cars on the road, which in turn, leaves drivers vulnerable to car accidents, which occur at a surprisingly high rate. In fact, according to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were more than 35,000 car crashes across the state in 2016 alone. Tragically, 180 of these crashes were deadly, along with 9,161 involved injuries. Understanding your rights and talking with experts at Kraft & Associates P.C., will make or break your case.
Our Dallas Car Accident Attorneys at Kraft & Associates, P.C., we understand that being involved in a car crash can be frightening, painful, and stressful, especially for those who are forced to pay for expensive medical bills.
With more than 45 years of experience helping Dallas car accident victims and their families, we are well-equipped to assist you in seeking compensation for your own accident-related costs, so if you were involved in an accident that was not your fault, please contact a dedicated Dallas car accident lawyer today.
We Handle a Wide Range of Dallas Car Accident Claims
The Dallas car accident attorneys at Kraft & Associates P.C., have been handling car accident claims since 1971 and the majority of our staff members have been with us for nearly 25 years. During that time, we have seen many types of car accidents, including those that involve:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Distracted driving, which includes, but is not limited to texting or talking on a cell phone;
- Aggressive driving such as speeding, tailgating, or weaving between lanes;
- Drowsy driving;
- Driver negligence or carelessness;
- Hazardous road conditions or road defects;
- Hit and run accidents;
- Negligent Teen drivers;
- Automotive defects resulting from the negligence of vehicle manufacturers;
- Accidents caused by uninsured/underinsured motorists; and
- Collisions between vehicles and motorcycles, or between motorists and cyclists or pedestrians
This experience has given our team the knowledge we need to tackle the complex legal issues that often arise in these types of cases. It can, for example, be extremely difficult to negotiate with the various insurance companies that are often involved following a severe car accident.
Fortunately, our many years of experience has given us insight into the inner workings of insurance companies, enabling us to seek maximum compensation for our clients and their families. There is no better time to call Kraft & Associates, P.C., Dallas truck wreck and car accident lawyers for a free consultation to learn more about your questions regarding insurance companies. While it is true that recovering damages cannot always return an injured party to his or her pre-accident state of health, it can go a long way towards helping victims and their families pay off mounting medical debt and focus on recovery.
Determining Fault After a Car Accident
At Kraft & Associates P.C., we know what it’s like to be involved in a car crash and so use all of our resources, experience, and contacts to help our clients begin the long road to recovery.
For instance, our legal team conducts thorough investigations of our clients’ accidents, which includes visiting the scene of the collision, speaking with witnesses, assessing photographs of the damage, consulting with accident reconstruction specialists, and obtaining police reports related to the accident.
Collecting this type of information gives our car accident attorneys an advantage when it comes to demonstrating fault, which is a key component in any negotiation or trial proceeding.
Compensation After Being Injured in a Car Accident
Our Dallas car accident lawyers also assist our clients with calculating damages, which could include compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages incurred while the injured party was unable to work;
- Lost earning potential for future work if the injuries sustained by the victim were so severe that he or she suffers from a permanent disability;
- The cost of vehicle repair or replacement or expenses related to other property damage;
- The pain and suffering endured by the victim as a result of the car accident;
- Loss of affection between the victim and a family member; and
- Wrongful death, if the victim passed away as a result of his or her injuries.
In cases that involve gross negligence, courts are also often willing to order punitive damages to the victim, which, unlike compensatory damages, are not intended to make the victim whole but to punish the at-fault party and deter similar conduct in the future.
How Our Trusted Car Accident Attorneys Can Help in Dallas, TX
Our many years of experience have also equipped our Dallas car accident lawyers to:
- Skillfully negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurer;
- Litigate a case in the Dallas County 14th District Court; and
- Resolve all related legal matters, including handling healthcare liens.
Essentially, our primary goal is to help our clients move on from their traumatic experiences as quickly as possible, with the comfort and security they deserve. While this often involves helping car accident victims settle or try their claims in court, our firm has a diverse practice, which means that we can also help our clients resolve a variety of legal issues, including those related to Social Security Disability claims.
What Steps Should You Take Next After a Car Accident in Dallas?
One of the first things that a car accident victim should do following his or her collision is to get medical attention if necessary and follow the doctor’s treatment plan. At this point, the victim should also contact the car accident attorneys at Kraft & Associates, P.C., as well as:
- Order a copy of the crash report from the local law enforcement agency that initially responded to the accident;
- Write a summary of what they remember about the accident;
- Collect all medical bills, photos, witness contact information, and repair estimates related to the accident;
- Refrain from speaking to an insurer, giving a recorded statement, providing access to medical records, or accepting a settlement offer without first speaking with a car accident attorney; and
- Stay away from social media, which includes posting photos of or comments about the accident.